- Agree or Disagree with the tweet?
2) If you did your Essay draft, Nod Confidently.
Seats- Groupings- if you did not nod confidently- sit at a back table.
1) Quiz Review- Taking a look at Friday’s Quiz
Creating a Rubric for your This I Believe Essay
- Go to Drive.
- Create New (Choose …from a template)
- Search, “This I Believe”
- Choose the “This I Believe Rubric.”
- Work in groups to fill in the critera
Here are the SLTs-
- I can elaborate in my own writing by intermixing context and anecdote in my personal essays
- I can work through the writing process by planning, revising, editing, and rewriting. (W5)
- I can use technology to publish original work and responsibly collaborate with an online community. (W6)
- I can organize and develop my writing so that it is clear and appropriate for the task, purpose, and audience. (W4)
ESSAY Prompt- This I Believe Guidelines
Class Work- Agenda #8, 9/15 – 15 Minutes
- Work in groups to create the Rubric Criteria for you This I Believe Essay
- Look at the SLTs. Think about what a 4 should be. Scale it back from there.
- NOTE- on major assignments I do not give the option of getting a 2. You revise until you deserve a 3 or higher.
- Work on your own to complete a This I Believe Draft
SHARE what we have? Possible continue tomorrow in class.
- One ore more articles will come from me AFTER 240 PM, via the #validus
- React to at least one of the articles in the COMMENT Section below.