Opener- Circle around the room.
- Opening Readings- Raise 1 finger if you think the reading is CONTEXT, 2 if you think ANECDOTE
- One day I spilled milk inside the refrigerator at my house, then when my mom asked who did it, I responded my little sister. After that, I realized that lying is wrong, so I decided to tell the truth.
- When it comes to people being prejudice that is a huge concern to me. It is okay to disagree or feel a certain way to a certain situation, However one must think before reacting or even giving a response. Including the fact that not everyone is perfect involving the fact that everyone is different and each person has their own lifestyle.
10 Minute Quiz- Read
Computers- Open up Class Page, E-mail and Drive/Notebook
- SLT- I can elaborate in my own writing by intermixing context and anecdote in my personal essays
Read Aloud ESSAY Prompt- This I Believe Guidelines
- Context – The words used with an idea to explain its meaning.
- Anecdote- a short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
Class Work- Agenda #7, 9/12
- Start your own This I Believe Essay in your Notebook. Expand on one of your existing beliefs.
- Review the This I Believe Essay Guidelines
- Use published This I Believe essays as a model.
- Remember that this is a 1st draft.
LAST 15 Minutes- Introduce The Group Juggle- Level 1
- Finish your This I Believe Essay Draft in your notebook. (should be no less than 350 words)
- Search the #Validus on Twitter. Respond, by tweeting, to at least 1 of the Supplementary Texts
- Read “Accomplishing Big Things In Small Places” by William Wisserman
- Respond with a reaction to William’s piece in the comment section.