Opening Circle- Comment on the quote below.
Quote of the Day-
~“The truly educated man (person) is that rare individual who can separate reality from illusion.”
Task #1 – 15 minutes
- Interpret this quote in your digital notebook. (Inform)
- Think of one example that can support your interpretation. (argue)
- Explain how your example supports your interpretation. (persuade)
- An overview of Lumosity and Cognitive Training
In the comment section below, post one observation, something you’re excited about, or something you’re concerned with about our Lumosity project.
Review quiz instructions.
Part 1- Send a formal informative e-mail to Mr. Boccheciamp.
- Choose your favorite novel opening from this week’s work
- Give a formal greeting.
- Introduce your selection.
- Copy the entry completely into the body of the e-mail. Don’t forget to use “”s
- Explain why you chose this selection and what you like about it. (Hint, if the reason is because it’s short, try to work a little harder.)
- Thank me for reading your e-mail, being a wonderful teacher/inspiration
- Sign off.
- Don’t forget a subject line in your e-mail.
Part II- Send either a formal argumentative e-mail OR a formal persuasive e-mail to your Crew Advisor.
- CC Mr. Boccheciamp in this e-mail.
- Use a formal greeting and a cordial tone (look it up if you don’t know)
- Either disagree with something from crew and try to set it straight, or try to persuade your Crew Advisor to do something for you or your crew.
- Thank them
- Sign off.
- Don’t forget a subject line.
Left over time-
- Finish copying your 30 openings.
- Silently reflect on that time Boccheciamp OD’ed on instructions
- Here’s something interesting to read.
Group Juggle Level 1 Quiz
Group Juggle Level 2 Quiz
Group Juggle Level 3.1 Practice
- Use your twitter feed to find something interesting to consume.
- Consume your article or link completely.
- Post a a summary for your link and a recommendation in the comments section at the bottom of this page.
- Search the regional trends for something you find interesting. Tweet a comment using the # of the trend and the hashtag #uatweets
Extra time- Use twitter to find something interesting to consume.