Assignment- Use your research skills to find something that is trending now. Could be from the weekend. Could be from last week. Then, use your writing skills to draft an essay of about 250 words that does the following:
- Summarize the story.
- Analyze the story- Ask yourself, why did this story trend?
- Predict- What are the outcomes or implications of this story?
- Cite- Credit your sources using our MLA Format
- Tweet- Share your links with your twitter followers.
Feel free to continue to browse through twitter when this is complete. You don’t need to become involved in any discussion threads. Instead, use your twitter feed as a reader and find interesting things to read and learn.
Please stay safe during this storm.
Circle Up – Stretch Out and Group Juggle
In your notebook
- React to the work that this young blogger is doing.
- What can you learn from his work?
Blog Sharing Cafe
- Leave a comment sheet by your computer.
- Make a point to leave 1 comment on everyone’s comment sheet.
- Share out
SLT TN2: I can write sequences both recursively and with an explicit definition, and I can use them to model situations.
- 30 minutes of work time
- up to 30 minutes for the Mastery Quiz
Problem Set #7 released today, due Tuesday 10/30.
Opener- Group Juggle
Essay Prompt Choices-
1) What is the best debut album in a genre of your choice in the past decade (10 years)?
2) What is the best movie in the genre of your choice in the past decade?
3) Who is the most influential person in the domain of your choice in the past decade?
For this essay:
- Research thoroughly.
- Cite your sources.
- Outline your essay.
- Remember your practice of EB White’s essay.
- Create your first Draft.