[Opener]: Circle Up
Group Juggle SLT- I can improve my brain-function, hand-eye coordination and collaborative capacities through my involvement in The Group Juggle.
Lesson- The Weekly Trend Report:
The difference between breaking news & info AND reporting on what’s popp’n
[Weekly Research Assignment]: 20 Minutes SLT- I can present ideas, arguments, and evidence logically and formally in a way that is appropriate to my purpose, audience, and task. Use your research skills to find something that is trending now. Could be from the weekend. Could be from last week. Then, use your writing skills to draft an essay of about 250 words that does the following:
- (NEW) You must use and cite MULTIPLE SOURCES in your essay.
- Summarize the story.
- Analyze the story- Ask yourself, why did this story trend?
- Predict- What are the outcomes or implications of this story?
- Cite- Credit your sources using our MLA Format
- Tweet- Share your links with your twitter followers.
The Pitch- at your tables, share the gist of the stories you found. You will have 10 Minutes to think of “a pitch’ for a new product or service that could directly relate to something trending at your table.
Introduction: Hello, World!
Software to Install:
Code Academy: Click here, and set up an account.