Class Agenda #138- New York State Regents Listening AND Some Vocabulary Words to use.
- Opening Circle- Do you feel prepared for the ELA Regents
- Opening Song- “Young and Gettin It” Meek Mill (3:59, 2014)
Opener- 5 Min
- SLT- I can analyze how an author’s choices concerning how to structure specific parts of a text contribute to its overall structure and meaning as well as its aesthetic impact.
- Please take out your Listening Comprehension Section from Last Week.
- Journal- What do you still need to work on for ELA Regents?
Whole Class- Listening Section, Click on the Link and Look at the Exam.
We will go through the Listening Section Now.
Option 1- Revise Last Weeks Essay with some of the Vocab Words from the reading above.
Option 2- Look through the August 2013 Exam above and Work on Sections you Need.
Option 3- Search and Memorize the Authors and Review the General Plots of: “Hamlet”, “A Good Man Is Hard to Find”, “How To Date a Brown Girl”, and “Welcome to the Monkey House”. (Also, look up Native Son, Of Mice and Men, and any other text.)
Bring in any Regents Work that you’ve done these past few weeks in TOMORROW. Do it if you haven’t.
Continue to familiarize yourself with the test and the texts that you’ve read.
If you haven’t finished the essays or short responses from the week, work on those too.