Class Agenda #93- Hamlet Act 1.4
Homework- Charles will Check – Should be done on your Summary Handout. Will Check tomorrow if it’s in your notebook.
Opening Circle- Opening Reading I
- Say “Something is rotten in the state of Denmark”
- Count Off to Make Groups of 5 – Don’t need a laptop
#95- “Harvest Moon” Neil Young (5:03 — 1992)
- Form- Groups of 5
- Roles: Director, Hamlet, Marcellus, Ghost, Horatio
- Need: A Script, 1 Laptop for This Agenda and to Write out Your Own Script
Opening Reading II- Act 1.4 (0:00-3:49)
This is the scene you’ll be performing
Notice the Characters: Hamlet, Horatio, Marcellus, Ghost
Notice- The Setting, and what’s going on in the background
1) I can determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in the text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including words with multiple meanings or language that is particularly fresh, engaging, or beautiful. (Include Shakespeare as well as other authors).
2) I Can initiate and participate in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in pairs, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grades 11–12 topics, texts, and issues, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
a. Come to discussions prepared, having read and researched material under study;
explicitly draw on that preparation by referring to evidence from texts and other research on the topic or issue to stimulate a thoughtful, well-reasoned exchange of ideas.
c. Propel conversations by posing and responding to questions that probe reasoning and evidence; ensure a hearing for a full range of positions on a topic or issue;
- Part II- Mini-Lesson-
- Reviewing the important aspects of 1.4
- Setting, Tone, Emotions, The Stakes
Part III – Group Time – 15 Minutes
- Work in Groups to Put this Scene into your own words
- Think about how you should act the scene out.
Perform small group – small group
5 Min Performances
Groups Assess each other using – Speaking and Listening Rubric TOP ROW
Closing Quick Write-
What words in Act 1.4 lead to the decisions your group made in your performance?