Opener- Summarize your vacation in 3-5 non-sequential, non-incriminating, words.
#88- “Miss You” The Rolling Stones (4:49)
SLT- I can clearly summarize and share personal, but not too personal, events.
- Do Now- Write 1 short anecdote from your break.
- Group – Whip Around Protocol- Share at your table.
- Whole Class – Share someone’s anecdote from your table.
Part II- Read Aloud
SLT- I can evaluate the significance of The New Year’s Resolution in history.
- Reading- “Why Do We Make New Year’s Resolutions?”
- Quick Write- Summarize the history of the New Year’s Resolution.
- Reading II- “The Surprising Reason Why We Make New Year’s Resolutions.”
- Quick Write- What are some of the changes in New Year’s Resolutions over the years?
Part III- Independent Writing
Create a list of 5-10 of your own New Year’s Resolutions. They can be as general or specific as you’d like.
Exit Ticket- How important are New Year’s Resolutions in American Society? Explain.
Homework- Respond to some tweets from the #validus.