Opener – 1 Word to Describe Adnan’s Lawyer, Cristina Gutierrez
- Get out your NOTEBOOK (Can Be Digital)
- #99,999 “Know Your Enemy” Rage Against The Machine (1992 – 4:55)
- There is a reason we’re listening to Rage Against The Machine
- Notebooks, Seats, Writing Utensil
- DO NOW- 5 (Min) Write-
- Summarize the Analysis of Jim Trainum in the episode “The Deal With Jay” PAGES 10-14 of your transcript.
- Share Out (2)
- What are the key findings of Jim Trainum’s analysis from pages 10-14?
- Work in groups to summarize the key points.
- How does this affect Adnan?
Read Aloud- Serial Podcast Episode #6 “The Case Against Adnan”
- “The Deal With Jay” Audio
- “The Deal With Jay” Transcript
- Make a Copy of this Transcript for yourself.
- Adjust the “sharing” settings so that this copy is your own.
The Week Ahead-
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday- Listen to episode. Prepare Discussion of Evidence Against Adnan.
- Thursday- Final Word Protocol Analyzing The Deal With Jay.
- Friday- Short Writing on The Deal With Jay
- Class Work-
- Set up a T Chart
- Left Side- How does Jay’s story affect Adnan’s Case
- Right Side- Analyze how the prosecution could use this evidence against Adnan? Analyze it.
- Put the evidence in your own words
- Explain how or link to how the evidence proves Adnan’s guilt or innocence.
- CFU #1- Turn and Talk
- What is the significance of one of your pieces of evidence?
- Final Word Protocol For Class-
- Based on “Route Talk” do you think Adnan is innocent or guilty? Find a direct quote from the text to share as your defense.
- Exit Ticket- Self Reflect- How comfortable are you evaluating evidence to identify counter claims?
Practice note taking by reading articles from the #validus. Work on Cornell Notes in your notebook.
Add the Summary at the end of your notes.
Bonus for the Brave- Summarize your article in the Comments section.
Be Precise in your language.