- Round 1- A word that comes to mind
- Round 2- Why does the artist’s representation make you think this word?
- Get out your NOTEBOOK (Can Be Digital)
- #505 “I’m Not The Only One” Sam Smith, A$AP Rocky (2014 – 3:42)
- Notebooks, Seats, Writing Utensil, Homework
- 3 (Min) Write- Of the evidence yesterday, write 1 way the prosection used it against Adnan?
- Share Out (2)
- SLT- I can analyze evidence in Episode #5 of Serial “Route Talk” and evaluate its importance.
- Analyzing is a two step process.
- Step 1- Restate the evidence in your own words. If there is a quote, restate the quote in your own words. If it is an interpretation of a passage or graph, restate the interpretation in your own words.
- Step 2- Explain how the evidence links to or supports your argument.
- Some would say this is the most important part.
Read Aloud- Serial Podcast Episode #5 “Route Talk”
- “Route Talk” Audio
- “Route Talk” Transcript
- Make a Copy of this Transcript for yourself.
- Adjust the “sharing” settings so that this copy is your own.
- Class Work-
- Set up a T Chart
- Left Side- What is the mounting evidence for Adnan’s Guilt? Describe it.
- Right Side- Analyze how the prosecution could use this evidence against him? Analyze it.
- Put the evidence in your own words
- Explain how or link to how the evidence proves Adnan’s guilt or innocence.
- CFU #1- Turn and Talk
- What is the significance of one of your pieces of evidence?
- Final Word Protocol For Class-
- Based on “Route Talk” do you think Adnan is innocent or guilty? Find a direct quote from the text to share as your defense.
- Exit Ticket- Self Reflect- How comfortable are you evaluating evidence to identify counter claims?
Practice note taking by reading articles from the #validus. Work on Cornell Notes in your notebook.
Add the Summary at the end of your notes.
Bonus for the Brave- Summarize your article in the Comments section.
Be Precise in your language.