1 word to describe what you feel about the picture or what this picture makes you think.
- Get out your NOTEBOOK (Can Be Digital)
- Share Out (2)
- 3 (Min) Write- What’s the greatest piece of evidence against Adnan’s innocence? Explain.
- Notebooks, Seats, Writing Utensil, Homework
- #504 “Doo Wap” Lauryn Hill(1998 – 4:01)
- SLT- I can identify evidence in Episode #5 of Serial “Route Talk” and evaluate its importance.
- We’ve been focused on Evaluating the personal evidence concerning Adnan.
- Today we begin focusing the consistency of the evidence against him.
- What does it mean to be “inconsistent.”
Read Aloud- Serial Podcast Episode #5 “Route Talk”
- “Route Talk” Audio
- “Route Talk” Transcript
- Make a Copy of this Transcript for yourself.
- Adjust the “sharing” settings so that this copy is your own.
- Class Work-
- Set up a T Chart
- Left Side- What is the mounting evidence for Adnan’s Guilt? Describe it.
- Right Side- Explain how the prosecution could use this evidence against him? Analyze it.
- CFU #1- Turn and Talk
- What is the significance of one of your pieces of evidence?
- Final Word Protocol For Class-
- Based on “Route Talk” do you think Adnan is innocent or guilty? Find a direct quote from the text to share as your defense.
- Exit Ticket- Self Reflect- How comfortable are you evaluating evidence to identify counter claims?
Practice note taking by reading articles from the #validus. Work on Cornell Notes in your notebook.
Add the Summary at the end of your notes.
Bonus for the Brave- Summarize your article in the Comments section.
Be Precise in your language.