1 word to describe what you feel about the picture or what this picture makes you think.
- Get out your NOTEBOOK (Can Be Digital)
- Share Out (2)
- 3 (Min) Write- Do you buy Adnan’s jealousy as a motive for murder? Explain.
- Notebooks, Seats, Writing Utensil, Homework
- #120 “I Want You Back” The Jackson 5 (1973 – 3:01)
- SLT- I can identify evidence in Episode #3 of Serial “Inconsistencies” and evaluate its importance.
- We’ve been focused on Evaluating the personal evidence concerning Adnan.
- Today we begin focusing the consistency of the evidence against him.
- What does it mean to be “inconsistent.”
Read Aloud- Serial Podcast Episode #4 “Inconsistencies”
- “Inconsistencies” Audio
- “Inconsistencies” Transcript
- Make a Copy of this Transcript for yourself.
- Adjust the “sharing” settings so that this copy is your own.
- CFU #1- Turn and Talk
- What is the key piece of information that Jay offers the police and how does it affect Adnan?
- CFU #2 Whole Class and Stop and Jot-
- Describe Jay and Adnan’s relationship.
- CFU #3 – Stop and Jot
- Who is Stephanie and how does she fit in to this story?
- Final Word Protocol For Class-
- Based on “Inconsistencies” do you think Adnan is innocent or guilty? Find a direct quote from the text to share as your defense.
- Exit Ticket- Self Reflect- How comfortable are you evaluating evidence to identify counter claims?
Practice note taking by reading articles from the #validus. Work on Cornell Notes in your notebook.
Add the Summary at the end of your notes.
Bonus for the Brave- Summarize your article in the Comments section.
Be Precise in your language.