Opener – Based on the Evidence So Far- Is Adnan innocent or guilty?
- Everyone Needs a Laptop. You can work in your Notebook too.
- Share Out (2)
- 3 (Min) Write– WRITE A THESIS STATEMENT FOR YOUR BELIEF.
- #10 “Wha’d I Say” Ray Chales (1959 – 5:04)
Finish Episode II- 14 Minutes.
- Mini-Lesson- These are all of the things we’ve talk about so far.
- SLT I- I can use precise language in my claims, discussions and explanations of “Alibi”
- SLT II- I can evaluate how Adnan Syed’s use of precise language affected his case.
- SLT III- I can evaluate how people involved in Adnan’s case use precise language in their accounts.
- SLT- I can correctly use the word “evaluate.”
- SLT- I can utilize our “Accountable Talk Anchor Chart” in discussions with my peers.
- SLT- I can work in groups to use the “Final Word” Protocol in discussion of “Alibi”
- SLT- I can collaborate with my peers to Evaluate the Evidence in Adnan’s Case.
- SLT- I can identify evidence in Episode #2 of Serial “The Breakup” and evaluate it’s importance.
- Go to Drive
- Open Templates
- Find “Serial: Counter Argument Organizer”
- This is your writing prompt and assessment. We can review togethe“>r or you can begin on your own.
- Work ON THIS IN CLASS Thursday and Friday.
- We might have to try this-
Practice note taking by reading articles from the #validus. Work on Cornell Notes in your notebook.
Add the Summary at the end of your notes.
Bonus for the Brave- Summarize your article in the Comments section.
Be Precise in your language.