Opener – Evaluate all of the Halloween Costumes you saw on Friday or on IG. What was the best?
- Get out your NOTEBOOK, YOUR HOMEWORK and YOUR “ALIBI” TEXT.
- #127 “Changes” David Bowie (1971 – 3:35)
- Notebooks, Seats, Writing Utensil, Homework
- 3 (Min) Write- Journal- What was the best costume?
- Share Out (2)
- SLT I- I can use precise language in my claims, discussions and explanations of “Alibi”
- SLT II- I can evaluate how Adnan Syed’s use of precise language affected his case.
- SLT III- I can evaluate how people involved in Adnan’s case use precise language in their accounts.
- SLT- I can correctly use the word “evaluate.”
- SLT- I can utilize our “Accountable Talk Anchor Chart” in discussions with my peers.
- Review Accountable Talk Anchor Chart (5 Min)
Remember- When you see the word “evaluate” think “ranking.”
- Today in Class-.
- Finish* “Alibi”(10 Minutes)
- Use your Transcript to evaluate the following discussion questions:
Group Work Part I- (8 Min)
- 1 Recorder – Collect Notes for the Conversation
- 1 Facilitator (MC) – Make Sure Groups are Using Accountable Talk
- Everyone Participates- Using Accountable Talk to Discuss…
- What is the evidence AGAINST Adnan Syed? For his guilt?
- What is the evidence FOR his innocence?
- BE SURE TO FIND SPECIFIC SECTIONS OF THE TEXT
- List as much evidence as you can.
- Share Out
Group Work II- (10 Min)
- Now that you see the evidence, Do you Believe Adnan did it?
- Evaluate the evidence-
- Evaluate (rank) the evidence from Most Critical to Least.
- Evaluate which piece of evidence MOST Counters your claim.
- Explain why.
1) Follow and Tweet to the Serial Podcast with something positive about their work. #Validus
Practice note taking by reading articles from the #validus. Work on Cornell Notes in your notebook.
Add the Summary at the end of your notes.
Bonus for the Brave- Summarize your article in the Comments section.
Be Precise in your language.0