Opener – What is something that you “evaluated” from the end of class yesterday, to now.
- Get out your NOTEBOOK and YOUR “ALIBI” TEXT.
- #225 “I’m Your Hoochie Coochie Man” Muddy Waters (1954)
- Notebooks, Seats, Writing Utensil
- 5 (Min) Write- Journal- what did you evaluate? Write it out.
- Share Out
- SLT I- I can use precise language in my claims, discussions and explanations of “Alibi”
- SLT II- I can evaluate how Adnan Syed’s use of precise language affected his case.
- SLT III- I can evaluate how people involved in Adnan’s case use precise language in their accounts.
- SLT- I can correctly use the word “evaluate.”
Remember- When you see the word “evaluate” think “ranking.”
- Today in Class-.
- Continue “Alibi”
- Use your Transcript to evaluate the following discussion questions:
- Evaluate The State’s case against Adnan (P. 4-5).
- Evaluate Jay’s interview with the detective. (P6-9)
- Evaluate Sara’s Interview with Adnan (9-11)
- Evaluate the Asia McClean’s role in this case. (15-17)
- Evaluate Adnan’s Timeline
Prompt- Now that you’ve evaluated pieces of Adnan’s case, do you think he deserves another trial. Use Specific Evidence from “Alibi” to support your claim.
This should be at least 1 page.
- Closing Circle – Whip around, How is Adnan Syed’s use of precise language affecting his case?