Opener – What does the word “evaluate mean” or what is something you evaluate?
- Get out your NOTEBOOK and YOUR “ALIBI” TEXT.
- #221 “Walk On The Wild Side” Lou Reed (1972)
- Notebooks, Seats, Writing Utensil
- 5 (Min) Write- Journal- Write out the word evaluate and… evlauate it. What does it mean to evaluate something? What are some examples of evlauations you’ve made.
- Share Out
- SLT I- I can use precise language in my claims, discussions and explanations of “Alibi”
- SLT II- I can evaluate how Adnan Syed’s use of precise language affected his case.
- SLT III- I can evaluate how people involved in Adnan’s case use precise language in their accounts.
- SLT- I can correctly use the word “evaluate.”
- Evaluate-to judge or determine the significance, worth, or quality of…
- Going back to those boys on Page 2- Evaluate their language.
- Use your Transcript to evaluate the following discussion questions:
- Evaluate The State’s case against Adnan (P. 4-5).
- Evaluate Jay’s interview with the detective. (P6-9)
Continue Read Aloud-
- Serial Podcast Episode I, “Alibi”
- Prompt- Evaluate Sara’s interview with Adnan.
EXIT TICKET- Before we Closing Circle
- Evaluate Sara’s interview with Adnan.
- Answer in complete sentences.
- Closing Circle – Whip around, How is Adnan Syed’s use of precise language affecting his case?
Homework- Practice note taking by reading articles from the #validus. Work on Cornell Notes in your notebook.
Add the Summary at the end of your notes.
Bonus for the Brave- Summarize your article in the Comments section.
Be Precise in your language.