[Opener]: Circle Up, Tell 1 Anecdote from your weekend that represents how your weekend was.
Mini-Lesson- Varying sentences
SLT-I can work through the writing process by planning, revising, editing, and rewriting
SLT-I can organize and develop my writing so that it is clear and appropriate for the task, purpose, and audience
- What do the bold sections of our SLT’s mean?
- Let’s take a look at “I Will Take My Voice Back,” by Quique Aviles
- I want you to notice the variety of sentences he’s using.
- Take a look at the OWL Example
- Copy and Paste your Essay Draft to Class Agenda #13, 9/22
- Re-Read your essay and look for sentence variety.
- Make sure you are varying your sentence lengths and openings.
- If you’re not, make changes.
When you’re finished you can-
- Work on your This I Believe Essay
- Work on your notebook
- Learn a few REAL Twitter Hacks
- We will have One More Revision Lesson Tomorrow. Essay is due Wednesday.
I’ll Tweet out starting in CLASS today.
React to at least one of the articles in the comment section of this blog (make sure you identify the article)
|I can use technology to publish original work and responsibly collaborate with an online community. (W6)|