SLT- I can persevere through difficult tasks
Opener- Circle around the room.
- Whip around with Names again.
- 2 Seconds of Silence for Consent with the norms
- PLEASE SPEAK UP if you’re not with it.
- Be Respectful
- Don’t Give Up-
- Students and teachers be open minded- Responsibility – Could figure to one mic
- Clean Safe environment- Responsibility
- Hear everyone’s opinion- compassion – Be prepared to support your opinions with evidence or rational.
- Don’t Waste Time/No Fooling Around- Commitment – FIND A BALANCE
- One Mic- Compassion/Responsibility – still looking for an edit.
- Teacher Varies Teaching Style- Craftsmanship
- Working at your own Pace- Commit, Craft – ON INDIVIDUAL WORK
- Be Prepared-
- Have Respect for Others- Compassion
- No Fooling Around- Commitment/responsibility * – Have a balance
- Clean Classroom – Responsibility –
- Learn new things- Curiosity/Commitment – Update? perspectives, empathy?
- Effort– Craftsmanship Commitment -Update?
- – One Mic- Compassion-
- – No judging – Respect Peers- Compassion
- Teacher varies teaching style and is energetic – Perspective
- Leave no trace – responsibility
- Staying on Task- responsibility
- Everyone Participate- commit – Participate in your own way.
- come to class on time prepared- As soon as they figure out the lunch.
- Positive attitude – Not a norm
- This is to help evaluate your writing and target what skills we need to work on for the year.
- We’ll take this over the next 2 class periods.
I’ll say this 3 times-
- This is the same assessment Mr. Chip Cyrus gave you guys at the end of last year. X3
- This was agreed upon by the ELA Department
- Doing it this way makes sense for a few reasons.
Use Your Own Paper or you can have COMPUTER PAPER!!
- Follow this class blog.
- In the Comment Section of this blog, choose one of the following situations and write 3-4 sentences about how your class will use the NORMS to deal with the situation. Situations- Student has Cell Phone Out, Student/Teacher is out of Uniform, Someone is giving up on the class, Someone is not participating in group work.
Longer Term Homework
- Jot down a list of strong beliefs you have. Start with thinking of your likes and interests, but try to go a little deeper.
- Examples- Family, a style, a sport, a type of music, etc…