Do you feel more safe surrounded by police and military, or with none- people are just taking care of each other.
- I can identify evidence from a text to analyze and draw inferences from. (R1)
- I can use close reading techniques to highlight the key points of central characters and events in Animal Farm
Read- Animal Farm Chapter 6
CFU- Answer these discussion questions in your notebook in complete sentences.
- In Chapter V, Snowball is chased off of the farms by Napoleon’s dogs. If Snowball had been elected leader of the farm, how would he have run the farm? What would life have been like on the farm?- CAN BE EXPANDED TO REACTION PAPTER
- Why does Napoleon decide to trade with a neighboring farm and how do you feel about this in comparison to the original objective of The Animal Farm? CAN BE EXPANDED TO A REACTION PAPER.
- How is the windmill destroyed and how does Napoleon blame Snowball for this?
Prompts for Reaction Papers.
- What are the conflicts in Animal Farm? What types of conflict (physical, moral, intellectual, or emotional) do you see in this story?
- What are some themes in the story? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- What are some symbols in Animal Farm? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
As you read- Underline evidence that helps answer the above questions.
Exit Ticket- Write your answer to discussion QUESTION 2 in the comment section below