Opener- Take out Animal Farm- Read Chap IV
- I can identify evidence from a text to analyze and draw inferences from. (R1)
- I can use close reading techniques to highlight the key points of central characters and events in Animal Farm
CFU- Answer these discussion questions in your notebook in complete sentences.
- Describe the Battle of Cowshed? And what was Snowball’s role in this battle?
- Where is Napoleon during the battle?
- What is the symbolic meaning of placing a gun at the base of the flagpole at the end of the battle?
Interlude- CAN lead to a REACTION Paper
Write your Thinking in the Comment Section Below.
Text- I came across this article last night and thought of YOU ALL.
- Take Cornell Notes in your Notebook as you read.
- This article is about the cost of a college education VS. the reward of a college education. What do you take from this reading?
- In your opinion, is the value of a college education worth the cost? Base your answer on ideas from the text.
- Note that this is a nuanced article and the answer should take some thought.
Other Prompts for Reaction Papers.
- What are the conflicts in Animal Farm? What types of conflict (physical, moral, intellectual, or emotional) do you see in this story?
- What are some themes in the story? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- What are some symbols in Animal Farm? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
Exit Ticket- Post in comment section
Do you think the Pigs are just in taking extra milk and apples for their food? Why or why not?