Opener- Take out Animal Farm- Read Chap III
- I can identify evidence from a text to analyze and draw inferences from. (R1)
- I can use close reading techniques to highlight the key points of central characters and events in Animal Farm
CFU- Answer these discussion questions in your notebook in complete sentences.
- What are some of the differences between the pigs and the other animals?
- What are some of Napoleon’s ideas about education?
- How is Squealer able to convince the other animals to believe Napoleon? What do you think about the effectiveness and ethics of these methods?
- Describe the Battle of Cowshed? And what was Snowball’s role in this battle?
Prompts for Reaction Papers.
- What are the conflicts in Animal Farm? What types of conflict (physical, moral, intellectual, or emotional) do you see in this story?
- What are some themes in the story? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- What are some symbols in Animal Farm? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
As you read- Underline evidence that helps answer the above questions.