Opener- Take out Animal Farm- Read Chap II
- I can identify evidence from a text to analyze and draw inferences from. (R1)
- I can use close reading techniques to highlight the key points of central characters and events in Animal Farm
Chapter II Ends with the Creation of 7 Commandments.
- If the students of VPA rebelled and overthrew the tyrannical teachers, what 7 commandments would your group recommend to ensure a peaceful student body under this new regime? Use Big Paper.
- Think of another group who feels oppressed in modern society (could be serious or whimsical). Create 7 commandements for your chosen group.
Prompts for Reaction Papers.
- What are the conflicts in Animal Farm? What types of conflict (physical, moral, intellectual, or emotional) do you see in this story?
- What are some themes in the story? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
- What are some symbols in Animal Farm? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
As you read- Underline evidence that helps answer the above questions.