Opener- 2 minutes
- Notebook and Class Page
- I can identify evidence to analyze the text and draw inferences. (R1)
- I can use a Cornell Notes organizer to highlight important points from a series of on-line texts.
- Karl Marx overview- includes short articles and videos
- Russian Revolution overview – includes short article and videos
- Vladimir Lenin overview- short article
- Leon Trotsky Overview- short article
- Joseph Stalin Overview– Short article and videos
Round 1- The skill you’re using is called Skimming. (THIS SHOULD BE COMPLETED)
Find at least 10 words that are new to you, or that are impressive to you:
- Copy the word in your notebook.
- Identify the root word, if applicable. Define in the word. Write if it’s a Noun, Verb, Adjective, etc…
- Evaluate how the word is being used. What is the context?
Round II- Fill out Cornell Notes for each section. Stineman and B work with designated groupings.
(CFU) Discussion Questions- Can be turned into a reaction paper
- What are the philosophical similarities and differences between Russian leaders Lenin, Tortsky and Stalin?
- What are the differences in their approaches to ruling their country?
- Of Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Leon Trotsky and Joseph Stalin, who do you identify with the most and why?
Exit ticket- Summarize the main points of 1 person who we studied today. E-Mail it to B and Stineman.