Opener- 2 minutes
- Does learning about America’s covert operations around the world change your opinions of The United States? US Military? Our Global “Enemies?” Explain yourself.
- CFU- Popcorn share out
- CFU- Respond to another student
- I can identify evidence to analyze the text and draw inferences. (R1)
- I can use a Cornell Notes organizer to highlight important points from a film.
- I can develop an argument using relevant and sufficient evidence
- I can use specifics from the film “Dirty Wars” to take a stance for or against American foreign interventions.
Text (25 min)- “Dirty Wars” streaming on Netflix.
Task- Fill out Cornell Notes. Stineman and B work with designated groupings.
- CFU- Quick Write- If you could ask the journalist in this film 2 questions, what would they be?
- Exit- Reaction Paper- You have 10 minutes+ to work on a reaction paper for MP2
Homework- Don’t forget to start your next cycle of 10 reaction papers.