Opener- 2 minutes
- What is the most surprising part of the film “Dirty Wars?”
Popcorn share out
- I can identify evidence to analyze the text and draw inferences. (R1)
- I can use a Cornell Notes organizer to highlight important points from a film.
- I can summarize how the ideas, themes, or conclusions of a text are developed and connected.
- I can summarize the main points of the United States involvement in a “Dirty War” in my Cornell Notes.
Text (25 min)- “Dirty Wars” streaming on Netflix.
Task- Fill out Cornell Notes. Stineman and B work with designated groupings.
- CFU- Quick Write- If you could ask the journalist in this film 2 questions, what would they be?
- Exit- Reaction- Does learning about America’s covert operations around the world change your opinions of The United States? US Military? Our Global “Enemies?” Explain yourself.
Homework- Don’t forget to start your next cycle of 10 reaction papers.