Opener- 20 min
Dirty War summarizer- In your notebooks: See if you can do this without a teacher getting on you.
- Summarize what we saw of Friday’s film “Dirty Wars”
- Read a short interview from “Dirty Wars” star Jeremy Scahill
- Take Cornell Notes on this interview
CFU 1- Share out 3 important notes. 2 Good Questions. 1 Summary.
- I can identify evidence to analyze the text and draw inferences. (R1)
- I can use a Cornell Notes organizer to highlight important points from a film.
- I can summarize how the ideas, themes, or conclusions of a text are developed and connected.
- I can summarize the main points of the United States involvement in a “Dirty War” in my Cornell Notes.
Text (25 min)- “Dirty Wars” streaming on Netflix.
Task- Fill out Cornell Notes. Stineman and B work with designated groupings.
- CFU 1- one general note, one question
- CFU 2- Why would they “remove the bullets?”
- CFU 3- The senior military analysts attitude.
Exit Ticket- Summarize the film. Hand In Your Cornell Notes