In class Short Response Quiz-
Prompt- Of the two social revolutions going on this week, Ukraine and Venezuela, which is the more relevant?
- E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org your response.
- Should be 2 Paragraphs
- Paragraph 1, makes an argument for why one revolution is more relevant than the other.
- Paragraph 2, why is the other revolution important, but not as important?
- Include textual evidence to support your claim and counter claim.
- I can identify evidence to analyze the text and draw inferences. (R1)
- I can summarize how the ideas, themes, or conclusions of a text are developed and connected.
- I can determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text.
- Use your Notes from the week to help guide your work.
Make sure your classwork for the week is complete.
Round 1- The skill you’re using is called Skimming. (THIS SHOULD BE COMPLETED)
Find at least 10 words that are new to you, or that are impressive to you:
- Copy the word in your notebook.
- Identify the root word, if applicable. Define in the word. Write if it’s a Noun, Verb, Adjective, etc…
- Evaluate how the word is being used. What is the context?
- Word- array
- Definition- a display or range of options
- Context- the story talks about the variety of people in Venezuela
Round 2- Skill you’re using is close reading (SHOULD BE STARTED IN CLASS ON TUESDAY)
- Set up Cornell Notes for each of the readings.
- As you read, fill in your Cornell Notes.
- You should summarize at the end of each break in your reading.
Don’t forget your REACTION PAPERS
Exit Ticket- Make sure your work is shared with Mr. B