Look at the Map Below- What are a few observations you can make from this map?
Based on the map, what is the geographical importance of the Ukraine?
- I can identify evidence to analyze the text and draw inferences. (R1)
- I can summarize how the ideas, themes, or conclusions of a text are developed and connected.
- I can determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text.
Modern Revolution- Case Study- The Ukraine
- Anchor Reading 1- Competing Stories
- Anchor Reading 2- Whats Next for Ukraine? A few options…
- Photo Story- Ukraine in Pictures
- Protests in Maps-
Class Work- To be completed by Wednesday
Round 1- The skill you’re using is called Skimming.
Find at least 10 words that are new to you, or that are impressive to you:
- Copy the word in your notebook.
- Identify the root word, if applicable. Define in the word. Write if it’s a Noun, Verb, Adjective, etc…
- Evaluate how the word is being used. What is the context?
- Word- Simultaneously – root- Simultaneous
- Definition- to do at the same time.
- Context- the story talks about two possible reasons for the demonstrations, and that it’s possible for both to be the reason at the same time.
Round 2- Skill you’re using is close reading
- Set up Cornell Notes for each of the readings.
- As you read, fill in your Cornell Notes.
- You should summarize at the end of each break in your reading.
Exit Ticket- Make sure your work is shared with Mr. B