- I can ask factual, interpretive, and evaluative questions to drive learning.
- I can take effective notes that capture key points.
Do Now Reading-
…Sixteenth-century astrologers serving princes and generals spoke of “revolution” to designate abrupt and unforeseen events determined by the conjunction of planets-that is, by forces beyond human control. Thus the original scientific meaning of the word, conveying regularity and repetitiveness, came, when referring to human affairs, to signify the very opposite, namely, the sudden and unpredictable.
Do Now Question- ANSWER IN YOUR NOTEBOOK –
- How does this example of planetary revolutions lead to our modern adaptation of the word, “revolution?”
Mini-Lesson- A look at notebooks from last week!
- Building Background Knowledge on Revolutions
- 10 of the most influential Revolutionary Wars
- Directions- Fill out your own set of Cornell Notes for 8/10 of the Revolutions. Make a goal of 2/ Class
- Mid Workshop Check In- Pull some of the best notes to the board.
Continuing Anchor Text- Band Of Brothers.
Syllabus Review- College Writing Syllabus
Exit- Make sure your notes are shared.