Google yourself. Check both the links and the images. Take note on what you see.
Write a response of your findings in your notebook. Did anything surprise you? Is it what you expected? How do you think employers or colleges will view your content?
Reading- Googling Yourself
Share our findings.
China’s 1 Child Policy
Class Reading- MonkStry -“Welcome to The Monkey House” by Kurt Vonnegut
- Save this story to your desktop.
- Once the story is a pdf, click on the edit button at the top of the screen. This will allow you to make comments on the story.
4 Steps of Close Reading
- Copy and paste words you don’t know and define them. (using your class notebook and google)
- Underline/highlight what you think is important and summarize it in the space below.
- Put an arrow → next to something you agree or disagree with and state why in the margin or below.
- Write questions in the margins or below.
Group Juggle- 3.2
Read= Young and Educated
After reading this article, what are your feelings about he European Job market? Do you see any similarities between this and the American job market? Does this influence your current thinking?
Start of the week:
Start of The Week News Quiz
Slate News Quiz