[Weekly Research Assignment]: 20 Minutes Use your research skills to find something that is trending now. Could be from the weekend. Could be from last week. Then, use your writing skills to draft an essay of about 250 words that does the following:
- (NEW) You must use and cite MULTIPLE SOURCES in your essay.
- Summarize the story.
- Analyze the story- Ask yourself, why did this story trend?
- Predict- What are the outcomes or implications of this story?
- Cite- Credit your sources using our MLA Format
- Tweet- Share your links with your twitter followers.
Learning Target: I can make something.
- 2: Use scratch to make something. (If it’s beautiful and useful, maybe this is worth more than a 2.)
- 3: Use HTML and CSS to make something.
- Write me an email by the end of the week telling me about the first thing you’re going to make.
Current List of Workable Projects:
- Sean Woods: comeback app
- Kassandra Hernandez: problems & advice app
- Noheli Perez: app that suggests outfits to wear
- Teachers: the Twitter vocabulary backchannel
- Fatema Waggeh: tutor-matching app
- Someone?: recipe alert app
- Workout Routines-
Each of these requires some knowledge of databases.
Jobs for Projects- Description and Skills
Project Manager- Clear creative Vision, 90% of life is showing up, face of the company, thinking about this 24/7.
Technical- Strong computer skills: including coding. Attention to detail. Able to remotely access projects.
Creative- Able to produce clever or catchy designs, slogans, phrases, images, jpegs
Marketing- Analyzes global and community trends. Strategically places the company’s message into the world.
Tomorrow we will have a Hiring Fair for these positions. To prepare for this today-
Option I- If you are interested in a project manager position for any of the projects, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com explaining why you deserve one of these jobs. We will select the best project managers for each start-up.
Option II- Prepare your resume, cover letter, and portfolio for tomorrow’s fair.
- Share pitches / Who’s is really excited about their own ideas / Who is excited about someone’s idea — would you work for them.
- Twitter Vocabulary Project – project manager, designers, advertising & PR & marketing
- Take steps to gain the technical know-how you need to fulfill your role.
- Are you keeping up on your programming log?
- You should be recording the work you do both in and out of class.