Opener- Group Juggle
SLT-I can improve my brain-function, hand-eye coordination and collaborative capacities through my involvement in The Group Juggle.
Areas of Growth in Revision-
SLT- I can select 2 grammatical areas where I make frequent errors and correct them in my essay.
Trends that I’ve been noticing:
- personal pronouns
- run-on sentences
- sentence fragments.
Try This- Write the definition AND one example to each of the revision trends listed above in your writing notebook.
- EX- Adverbs- a part of speech that modifies a verb or an adjective. Typically referring to time, manner, and place. (Loudly Sang)
Work Time- Brain Pop- www.brainpop.com
- Choose any two lessons and work through them- e-mail results to firstname.lastname@example.org
Editing- Now apply your learning!
- Open your Robot Take Over Essay– in your notebook.
- Re-Read your essay. Focus on noticing any errors that are the same as what you studied in Brain Pop.
- If you see a correction to make- INSERT your correction next to your original mistake AND Highlight it.
- Make as many corrections as you need to.
- SWITCH with a partner. Your Partner Should make any corrections in a different highlighted color.
Debrief- Circle Up, Share- One element of editing you feel like you’re now comfortable with or 1 that you’re still working on.