I can improve my brain-function, hand-eye coordination and collaborative capacities through my involvement in The Group Juggle.
“Post Its”- Make a TO DO list of things you hope to accomplish in #Trending this week.
Work Time- (Order Of Operations)
- Weekly Research Assignment
- Class RAFTS
[Weekly Research Assignment]:
SLT- I can present ideas, arguments, and evidence logically and formally in a way that is appropriate to my purpose, audience, and task.
Use your research skills to find something that is trending now. Could be from the weekend. Could be from last week. Then, use your writing skills to draft an essay of about 250 words that does the following:
- (NEW) You must use and cite MULTIPLE SOURCES in your essay.
- Summarize the story.
- Analyze the story- Ask yourself, why did this story trend?
- Predict- What are the outcomes or implications of this story?
- Cite- Credit your sources using our MLA Format
- Tweet- Share your links with your twitter followers.
- Finding 2 Sources-
[Debrief]: Circle Up, share out essay topics.
- Look at your Grade Sheet Google Doc. Update it. What are your goals this week?
- Make sure that you’re finishing any Capacity Matrices that you haven’t turned in. Let me know if you need help or evidence on these.
Final Problem Solving Tasks:
You have a choice of tasks.
You’ve made it to the final week of #TrendingNow, Part 1. This week, instead of completing a Problem Set, you have your choice of three tasks. You’re going to use all of your problem solving skills to make predictions about the future of computing. On each of these assignments, you will have to collect, model, and analyze data. You will be graded on Habit 1, Habit 4 and Habit 5. Each assignment is also an assessment of 1 or 2 math content targets, so that might help you choose which assignment you’ll work on.
On Thursday, in class, you will have an argument prompt.
End of Class Survey – checking in on where you stand so far.