Circle Up- Group Juggle
Opening Reading- TWEET OF THE WEEK-
The difference in life and school?In school, you learn a lesson then are given a test. In life,you are given a test and then learn a lesson.
- Summarize the story.
- Analyze the story- Ask yourself, why did this story trend?
- Predict- What are the outcomes or implications of this story?
- Cite- Credit your sources using our MLA Format
- Tweet- Share your links with your twitter followers.
Feel free to continue to browse through Twitter when this is complete. You don’t need to become involved in any discussion threads. Instead, use your Twitter feed as a reader and find interesting things to read and learn.
Math Content SLTs – All about functions
TN3: I can use function notation, evaluate functions for inputs on their domains, and interpret statements that use function notation in terms of a context.
TN4: I can find the inverse of one function and the composition of multiple functions.
- Starter: let f(x) = 3x+10 and g(x) = x-7
- Find f(5)
- Find g(5)
- What is f(5)*g(5)?
- What is (f+g)(5)?
- What is (f-g)(12)?
- Interim Assessment #1 Debrief
- How was it graded?
- What do the grades mean?
- Do you remember Problem Set #8 (it was a big packet) and Excel Exploration #3?
- Problem Set #9 is new today, and is due next Tuesday (12/4)
- Capacity Matrix Check In / Weak Delta Math results
- So what are your next steps?
- Functions: SLTs TN3 & TN4 – here are some notes.
- Functions Row Game – You have 10 minutes to complete these 9 problems.
- New Delta Math – “Functions 2” – Due Thursday 11/29 at 11:59 pm.
- 70% complete earns a 2 on SLT TN3
- 85% or more earns a 3 on SLT TN3
- Yes, this assignment is a little bit harder than the last one.
- Yes, you only have until Thursday night to finish it.
- Problem Set #9: Due next Tuesday, 12/4 at 3:30 pm.